"Help!" Too late. The children have already seen me, screamed to an man leaving the clay hut, who then dove into the waters. He grasps me by the arm, and sends me to the shore line. The two children stair nervously at me. The man sits by my side. They're waiting for me to speak, I think.
Hmm. What should I say:
- "Thank you very much, o glorious peoples!"
- "Sorry for any distractions. Just passing through."
- "Thanks! But seriously, I should be on my way."
- "Your culture is intriguing. Mind if I take a look around?"
- "Me no speak the engie"
- "Thank you for saving my life. Would you mind if I stayed here for the night?"